A FATHER’S FAILURE Genesis 34:1–2
Home is where the Lord is.
34:1 “Now Dinah the daughter of Leah, whom she had borne to Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land.”
Little did Dinah realize that her visit to the nearby city would bring about such horrific results.
Our children are vulnerable…especially our daughters, we must protect them.
- Protect Your Daughter from A Lack of Identity.
- Protect Your Daughter from Herself.
- Protect Your Daughter from Ignorance.
- Protect Your Daughter from Lies. Your daughter will be lied to, but deception works more effectively on teens who:
- Are not loved by their fathers
- Lack the courage of their convictions
- Are not confident
- Have a poorly developed sense of self
- Do not have a strong relationship of trust with their parents
- Protect Your Daughter from Predators Protect Your Daughter from Users
- Protect Your Daughter in Her Driving
There is great evil in the world. JACOB SHOULD HAVE WATCHED AND WARNED
Evil is not an actual thing, it is the absence of righteousness, therefore God cannot be the author of evil.
Some things we can do to prepare our posterity for evil in the world.
- Answer questions honestly.
- Let them hear it from you.
- Don’t be silent.
- Talk through scenarios before they happen.
- Talk to your children about bad guys.
- Don’t make promises you can’t keep.